Monday 15 January 2018

Outside?

Outside? What's that? It's been one of those weeks where unless I was walking the dog, shopping or taking the kids to clubs I don't think I've left the house.
I'm kinda ok about hat though, I've managed to catch up on a lot of jobs, a lot of tv and even managed some scrapping :)
Way back in November I pulled out a kit I'd made using a lot of Shimelle products, in retrospect it was much too large and to be honest by the start of this month I was sick of the sight of it lol. So I gave myself to the end of this weekend to kill it, then pull out another one. Aside from 2 almost untouched 6x6 pads I didn't do too badly :)
I think this was one of the few I managed to use the 6x6 papers. It was a super simple layout and besides the misting in the background (the pink doesn't look very pink imo) I'm pleased with it.
These stickers were really hard to use as they're translucent, so if I put them on coloured paper, or patterned paper they look muddy and not as nice. Most of the time I just cut them out and kept them on the sheet which defeats the point I think but there you go. Here I was able to just stick them down as obviously the background is white anyway.
The photo is a selfie I took when we went to the circus last year. Shock horror, I'm trying to work through some of the super old photos I haven't scrapped yet (think kids first days at school) but sometimes you just need to use the up to date ones to keep the mojo flowing I think.
So as well as scrapping and cleaning this weekend there was family time too. The kids are getting older and like to spend more times doing their own things in their rooms or playing outside with their friends, but they both love board games with us :) Skyjo is one I bought for Christmas and is our current favourite.
Its a really simple concept, you have 12 cards, each card has a number on like -1, -2, -3, 0, 1 etc all the way up to 12. You start with all your cards face down, and choose if you want to change one of your cards for one in the middle. So you could decide to pick up the 3, but as you dont know what you're changing it for you could end up giving away a -2. The aim of the game is to get the lowest score possible.
I think Scamp wanted to play too.
Well today is about lots of washing. I've stripped the beds, cleaned the floors and will tackle the mess that is my kitchen next. At some point I really need to make a shopping list too as I looked in the garage freezer over the weekend and found a load of food I forgot we had! Whoops.

1 comment:

  1. I like your layout and I’m with you on the transparent stickers - I never know how to really use them either! Glad you managed to use up most of your kit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)