Monday 28 June 2010

Filled cupcake day

Well I wanted to try something different so decided to make some lemon curd cupcakes. While shopping I was assured by hubby there was a jar in the fridge. Getting home, there may have been a jar but it only contained 3 teaspoons of lemon curd. So they became peanut butter cupcakes. lol. However I guess you can use anyhing similar. My next one will be nuttella I think. :)
You will need:
- jar of peanut butter/lemon curd
- 100g margarine
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 medium eggs
- 100g self raising flour

1- Heat oven to gas mark 5. Put paper cases into tray.
2- cream margarine and sugar together. beat in eggs one at a time adding a little of the flour with each.
3- Fold in the rest of the flour.

4- Put a teaspoon of cake mixture into the bottom of each of the cases.
5- Put a teaspoon of peanut butter/lemon curd into the middle of the case, on top of the mixture.

6- Put some more mixture on top to cover the peanut butter

7- Bake for aprox 15 minutes or until firm.

8 - Enjoy!

I was going to make some butter cream for these but Mark says the filling is quite rich so doesn't need it. However I'll do a butter cream recipe later today in case you disagree. :)

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm those look yummy! I have a recipe for carrot cake muffins with a cream cheese filling that I bought all the ingredients for last week but just haven't got around to making yet lol but I have to say peanut butter in a cupcake really appeals to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lemon curd cupcakes look gorgeous [not a peanut butter fan but I'm sure they are lovely]
    There must be something in the air as yesterday I made a great big batch of Malteser Muffins [Soooooo yummie].
    I love the new look of your blog and it's a great idea to have your tutorials and recipes listed down the side as I still want to have a go at the flowers that you posted about a while back. This will save me loads of time trying to find the instructions which means more crafting - yippeeee!!
    Take Care Hun - Ju xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look yummy another receipe to add to my must try list xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm they look delish Gemma, I will have to come back to some of your recipes in August when I start on my new career as a domestic goddess!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)