Thursday 9 August 2012

Pintrest

Among many things I'm a pintrest addict, lol. Particually lately during the day, cant watch my TV as Criminal minds isnt really appropriate for the kids, and sitting for a coffee certainly doesnt last long enough to warrent hunting down my kindle (really need to find that thing :s) so I'll scroll through a few pages of Pintrest on my phone. To be honest its been a godsend so far this holiday. Saw loads of great ideas for the kids for things to do, and funny pictures of animals to show Cameron too; he loves animals doing daft things.
One idea I got from Pintrest was these. spaghetti hot dogs.

How funny are these! lol, Its actually amazingly easy to do, just cut up ready made hot dogs, skewer them with dried spaghetti and then boil. I did plan on taking a picture when it was cooked but it was eaten too quickly! Pretty impressive considering Cameron hates pasta, lol.
Next Pintrest masterpiece was this, dirt cake :) Another amazingly simple idea, its just 'dream topping' covered in crushed Oreos and jelly sweets. You're supposed to use worms but Daddy beat us to them so we had to use cherries lol. Caitlin had a great time making this as it needed such minimal input from me she felt she'd done it all by herself. Aunty Nicola stole a bite before I got a picture but managed to get the rest lol.

Holidays are pretty painless so far. Took caitlin to a crafting class today where she learned about indian headdress' and made one. Was really proud of her as she was the youngest there by a wide margain but joined in and really enjoyed it :) Theres an Aricain mask class next week so will try and convince cam to come along to this one lol, he stayed home today to watch Grandad build a fence round the front to cover our bins. Hated it before because as soon as you walked up to the house it was one of the first things you saw, now looks so much better. :)
Right better get to bed, up early tomorrow for a theme park trip. I'll leave with this funny comment from cameron, remember how I said he was a drama queen? Him and Caitlin were playing today, cameron fell over on the trampoline and refused to get up
Caitlin - Come on you're fine.
Cameron - No I'm not fine I'm dead!
Told you, drama queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. :)