Tuesday 25 August 2015

London scavenger hunt.

Every Summer holidays we have a big day trip. This year the kids picked going back to London so on Saturday that's what we did :)
This time we wanted to see more of the sights, and as Mark struggles with walking we booked tickets on one of those open top buses. Turned out to be a great way to get more pictures for the scavenger hunt :)

14. A traffic signal
Plenty of these about.

5. Architectural columns
Loads of these about too lol, but picked The National Gallery in Trafalgar Square in the end.

16. A panoramic view, taken while standing someplace high in the air
Quick shot taken on top of the bus while stuck in traffic. Never used this setting on my camera before love the result.

10. A college or university
Kings college london. Saw a few schools on the way round but this was the only one I was quick enough to snap.

11. A cellular tower or television satellite dish
I did want to get the BT tower for this one, but the kids were getting bored and hot bless them so we missed that part of the tour. Did see all these on top of a building though :) One of them is bound to be for tv! lol

8. Someone "plugged in" to social media
Remember how I said kids were getting bored? lol. Kept them occupied a little longer. Caitlin is actually playing a game where you race around London. The irony was lost on her.

Alternative C: A rocking chair
I was struggling with this one so I may have got a little excited when I saw this in Riplys believe it or not lol. The plaque said it was a giant rocking chair built in the 1970s to advertise a resturant and was over 3 meters tall. :)

Was an amazing day out :) The kids loved Riplys and I enjoyed the bus tour far more than I thought I would. The beautiful weather didn't hurt either! Still a few things on the list left to find, seriously struggling with '15. A flag pole with at least three flags on it' though. :\

1 comment:

  1. What a brilliant day out and some fab finds for your list. I love that Caitlin is playing that game on the bus! So funny 😀

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)