Sunday 18 November 2012

Swaps :)

I love doing swaps on UKs, and the ones in the run up to Christmas are always the best! Theres the stash swap ones, Christmas box, stocking swap, 12 days of Christmas, but the past few years I've been trying to do the more creative ones too :) I'm starting to get into more crafting which takes me out of my comfort zone. This year I'm doing the bunting swap again, which I can't share as its not over with yet, and the Elf door swap. This one was actually my idea *big proud smile* as I'd seen lots of fairy doors before so thought a elf door would be a nice Christmas change :) Was actually a lot more complicated than I thought it would be, lol. I had the idea of what I wanted to do in my head but trying to get it onto paper was easier said than done. Did it though and hope my swapee is pleased with it :) Will post it here when shes received it. The one I received is adorable! Look at the little knocker and handle. lol. Will look great on my shelf when we put all the decorations up in a couple of weeks.
Yes only a couple of weeks left before December!! I'm so looking forward to it :) I love winter, slow cooker meals, hearty puddings (apple crumble and custard, yum!) cuddling up watching films at night. :) Its a strange thing but there are certain times when I feel like a 'proper' mum, when the kids come home from school all frozen and I hand them a hot chocolate with cream and they run off to play in the toasty warm room all decorated for xmas its certinaly one of those moments :) God sounds like I live in a DFS advert doesnt it! lol, don't be fooled that nice moment is usually followed by 'Don't knock over the tree!' 'She touched my stuff!' 'He's not playing the game right!' Just like Chistmas' when I was a kid lol.

3 comments:

  1. That door is so cute and well done for coming up with such a great idea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute, eagerly awaiting the one you have done too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is that!!!

    Well done with doing so many swaps!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)