Friday 21 October 2016

90s weekend!

Well this time last week I was just arriving down at Camber Sands with my Mum. We always go away for a weekend near Christmas, usually shopping at Milton keynes, but when I saw a Groupon for a 90s weekend we picked that instead.
As anyone who knows me knows, I'm not great at geography, I thought Russia was America until I couple of years ago, so imagine my surprise when I found out that Camber Sands was NOT in Great Yarmouth like I thought, but almost 4 hours away, woops!
Was a bit of a drive down, we stopped off at Milton keynes on the way and did a bit of shopping (obviously) and we got there just in time to have a quick bite to eat and go to the bar to watch Damage and S club party! Was actually a great night lol, very retro and fun. We're both lightweights so were back and in bed by 12:30!
The next morning we went for breakfast then a nice long walk along the beach. The beach is stunning there and though it was windy it was dry and a great start to the morning.
Mum was wiped so we went back to the room where I relaxed with a glass of wine, large bar of chocolate and a new book (started and finished the same day lol) while Mum slept. Heaven!
We had planned to go see a show in the afternoon but Mum slept ALL day so I sat and happily read while she slept. She was up just in time for dinner and getting ready before the show that night.
I admit the main reason I wanted to go was the Saturday night show, 911!!! I LOVED them growing up! I've seen them in concert loads but obviously they were all at huge arenas so was so weird to be right at the front. Jimmy and Lee actually caught my eye a few times and I giggled like a 5 year old pmsl.
Was a great night :) My Mum had to be home Sunday morning for a christening so we left at 1am to drive home. Quite glad we did as I randomly set the satnav and just drove. Wasn't until I was looking around and thought 'That looks like the O2? OMG ITS THE O2!!! I'M DRIVING THROUGH LONDON!!!!!' If it was day time I think I'd have just parked the car and rung my Dad to come get me lol. Even though it was still pretty busy at 3am I managed it and was pretty bloody proud of myself!!!
Was a fun weekend, more memories made with my Mum and more photos taken to scrap. Perfect.
Ending with a layout I did a while ago but found again the other day. We were at Wicksteed park looking for conkers and Cameron was VERY excited to find one!
Love this PL card, perfect title for the photo.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you and your Mom had a great time, and that she needed a little time away for fun and rest. Cute layout too, love that journal card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at your geography - you were only just down the road from us. Sounds like you had a great time x Love the layout!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)