Saturday 25 September 2010

Next sale!!

And what does that mean? 6am start! lol. I used to say that people who got up that early and queued in the cold were mad. Then I had kids and every penny counted!
Was really pleased his morning as got lots of really nice bits for Caitlin and also some bits for me which NEVER happens. lol. Wasn't much for boys or men at all so Cameron got a jumper and Mark a t-shirt. Mum wasn't too pleased as she got some new cushions for her living room. I got a txt later that day saying 'Your dads broke the cushions, I'm sending him to live with you.' Woops! So think dads in the dog house now. lol
So onto layouts. This one is actually called 'lets go crabbing' but the C doesn't show up too well. Theres a funny story behind this one. On our first holiday together I suggested to Mark we go looking for crabs at the beach. When we get there though its all that sludgy stuff, not proper sand. Now I've got new trainers on so Mark kindly gave me a piggy back so as not to ruin them. He ended up knee deep in the stuff. Then the coast guard drove past, shouted 'You are in danger! Get out off the beach!' And drove off! Thanks! lol. Well we managed to get back to the edge, I was spotless, Mark filthy and we had to throw his shoes away and get a new pair. lol

This one was for a challenge on UKS. Rules were:
Use several different fonts - Done
Take inspiration from nature - Flowers, rain, and nature colours (blues and greens)
Make your own embellishment - The flowers.
This is a photo taken in Greece years ago. Mark is terrified of heights, and theres a huge fortress on a VERY high hill I wanted to visit. I think theres something like 800 steps to get to the top. Bless him he tried to do it but was a bit much. Not surprising really as there was no hand rail and just a sheer drop!

This is for the Twilight challenge. Rules were:
3 or more different manufacturers papers - Pretty sure I've done this. I THINK the shiny pink one is DCWV, the circle is some random rubbish one, bazzil cardstock. :)
Black and White - Black and white dotty flower
Edges - Ive got crinkly cut edges on my title, and sanded the edges of the photo.
This is a scraplift from a LO on uks but cant for the life of me find it again. Its about snow though so thanks to whoever did it. :)

And this, ah this is whats taking over my life at the moment. :) I love mission games, and games where you can hack the heads of things all the better! I played the first when I was pregnant with Cameron and killing hundreds of zombies is a brill way of dealing with pregnancy hormones. Now its a brill way of dealing with the stresses of 'but mum I want it!!!!' lol

Hubby hopefully getting my computer fixed tomorrow, so hopefully will be blogging from a pc rather than a VERY slow laptop!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely layouts Gemma and I love the one that you have done for our Twilight challenge.

    LOL at you playing those games - maybe I should get something like that to deal with my menopausal rages LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)