Friday 29 October 2010

Jamies dinners

I've been meaning to post about this for a week but kept forgetting. As part of my zero willpower I gave Mark one of his christmas gifts a while back, a copy of Jamies 30 minute meals. He hasnt been cooking much latly as his memorys getting worse but really wanted to get back into it. So we agreed he'd do one meal a week and I'd supervise. :)
Week one - Jules pregnant pasta. Um, might be good in the original recipe but Mark made a little addition. lol. I was distracted at the end and didnt notice him grating orange peel over the pasta rather than cheese. Woops!
Week two - Califlower and macaroni cheese - YUM! Loved this one, will def ask him to make again!
Week 3 - chicken and mushroom pie - Was amazed how quick this one was done (though I did help. lol) Think he's getting in his stride a bit again.
Love the small amount of independance it gives him. Really need to write and thank jamie one day. Think his books are the only thing keep mark sane sometimes. lol.

1 comment:

  1. That cookbook sounds just up my street as I am bored of cooking the same old stuff all the time for dinner but don't want to spend hours in the kitchen as I really don't enjoy cooking. I will have to have a look at it. The cauliflower and macaroni cheese sound gorgeous but sadly I can only make it for me as it is DHs most hated food - he wouldn't even eat it if starving with no other option.

    Just been catching up with your blog - sorry no time to leave a comment on all your posts but I see you have been so productive as always whilst I have been absent from blogland. You have done some really lovely layouts.

    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)