Sunday 24 June 2012

Scrapping and getting on top of things :)

Well this week has been rubbish, seriously a low point in my life. BUT its over and I refuse to let it get me down, so forgetting about that I took part in the ATDML cyber crop. :) I'm really enjoying it so far and done some layouts I'm really pleased with. The first was a class by Mel Hand. I only decided to take part in the crop at the last minute so didnt have any kits, but its nice making more of a dent in the stuff I already have lol.
This is called 'Oh Brother!' When we were out to dinner a while ago Cameron decided he wanted to take a photo of me and Caitlin, but was taking him so long to work the camera Caitlin let out a huge sigh and put her head in her hands, just as he took the photo, lol.

This was a challenge to use bunting. This is an old photo from a few birthdays ago, both kids are covered in ice cream so loved the banner at the bottom. Did search everywhere for a felt ice cream embellishment I KNOW I have somewhere but still cant find the bleeding thing.

Close up of bunting. Thought it was a bit plain on its own so added the thickers to spell Yum. :)

The next class I did was by karen Moss. There was journalling and other bits on hers but I love how this is with more white space.

The class included a template to print out for the hearts which is probably more work than I would usually be bothered doing but I love this layout :)

More classes and challenges to do today :) Have to say kids have been angels this weekend. I swear sometimes they know Mummy needs a bit of quiet and respond to it, so peace, cuddles and a cybercrop. Just what I needed this weekend :)

3 comments:

  1. Fab layouts Gemma - love all three of them. Love how you have used the bunting for part of your title and that quote is so true.

    Looking forward to seeing what else you make in the cybercrop.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gemma, sorry to hear that you have had a tough week but I am so glad the cyber crop came at a good time to take your mind off things and give you something fun to concentrate on. I love your take on Karens class and the bunting is very fun too. I love the story behind the Oh Brother layout - it is always good when there is a funny story to go with the layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mel and love your take on my class. I think your page looks fantastic with lots of white space. Love the other layouts too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)