Sunday 3 January 2016

Too much

Today I made the choice to go through my new craft stuff and add it to my stash. I got SOME of it out to sort, sat on the bed with it around me and thought 'I don't even know where to start'
OK I know pretty much every crafter has been here at one point, feeling overwhelmed by she sheer amount of STUFF that can accumulate so fast, and I think it does affect my crafting. The more I have, the less I use.
So, to work on this, I'm going to pick a type of embellishment each month, buttons, wooden shapes, patterned paper etc, and I'm going to focus on using at least a little of it on each layout.
This month is washi. This may be a small amount to others but to me this is loads. So be prepared to see these popping up on layouts soon!
That method may make a little dent but to go further I decided to make up a few kits too. So 4 hours and 3 mugs of coffee later I made these 4 kits.



So no paper has been cut into today, but going through everything has got my mojo going a little, and with Cameron going to his friends house tomorrow hopefully Caitlin and I will be able to make a little more of a dent in my stash tomorrow :)

8 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, I did a similar post myself yesterday. I'm going to try and use up all the kits I've accumulated first and then I'm going to make some of my own kits. Good luck and I look forward to seeing what you create x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a great plan.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a lot of Washi! Think I have about ten rolls in total lol! I'm the opposite - I've been stash busting everything last year so I've only got really old stuff left that I'll never use. Looking forward to my new kit subscription!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny that you say that's a small amount of washi tape to some people! I think I have 6 reels of it. Good luck making a dent in that stash. It's fabric for me. I need to find more time to sew it up this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the more you have the less you use thing. Crazy! But the kits look great, have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally there with doing less crafting when I have more stash. I TRY (not always successfully) to not buy stash other than my bi-monthly kit. I don't have a massive amount of stash but I have too much and need to use it up too. You definitely have more washi and brads than I do - my 'thing' is enamel dots, mists and stencils though :)
    Glad to see you back blogging more - I love 'catching up' with you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  7. The kits look fab. Look forward to seeing what you come up with xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, we've all been there, surrounded by much too much. I like that you've decided on a plan of attack. Those kits look tempting, every one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)