Monday 7 October 2013

Reading again

Yep I've been reading again. :) I'm a really quick reader, when I was a kid and my mum worked Saturdays I used to sit round the back of the butchers with a pile of books beside me and just work through them through the day. So when I found myself last night with not much to do my trusty kindle came out again and I read this:
I love her books, her style is very similar to Jodi Picholt who I love too, looking at stories from lots of different angles. Unfortunatly was dissapointed in this one, I think endings are really important and while this one had a twist, it was really unbelievable and kind of annoying. But I won't spoil it too much in case anybody here wants to read it lol. Heres how its described:
How far would you go to protect your sister? After witnessing the murder of their parents, Maya and Rebecca Ward had only each other to cling to in their teenage years and beyond. Now both doctors, they have developed very different coping strategies since the tragedy. Daredevil Rebecca races off to disaster sites with an international team of doctors whilst Maya is content in her quiet medical practice and life with her husband Adam. But Maya is unwilling to deal with the cracks in her marriage, or the secrets she's kept since the night her parents died. When a hurricane devastates north Carolina, Maya is feared dead. Adam and Rebecca are left to mourn and hope for a miracle but as the days pass and hope fades, they face unexpected and unwanted feelings and Rebecca discovers that she's been burying some secrets of her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. :)