Saturday 7 June 2014

Declutter!

Hope everyones having a lovely weekend :) We're predicted dreadful storms here so can't see me going far! That's fine though as I'm still playing along with the Jennifer Grace Creates blog event here.
I'm soooo behind lol. I remember when I used to do blog hops and cyber crops and I would have finished the first challenge and actually had time to spare before the next one started! Not now, I'm still enjoying it though. :) I've decided to take the theme of the event to heart and use it to 'refresh' my bedroom lol. Regular readers will know I don't scrap at a desk or table I get the floor of my bedroom. Doesnt do my back much good but gives me plenty of space to spread out! Unfortunatly I've done that a little too much and theres stuff everywhere! Not good when trying to get Mark about. *Bad wife* Anyway so I've decided that all the challenges and projects I do this weekend will be done only with what I have to hand. If I need to get up to get it then I'm not allowed to use it.
Hopefully this will help clear up some of the little bits I have scattered everywhere and lets face it it indulges my lazy side. :P
Just to show you how bad the mess is this is the tidy area, and Caitlin keeping me company of course :)
So onto the projects! First to catch up on from yesterday were these inspiration prompts

Be Inspired:

Make a waterfall / river / sea with mixed-media layers

Create a monotone project

Stitch some wavy lines

Now I had never, ever done a monotone project as I never usually get black and white photos developed and I don't think they look as good with colour photos.........then the other night I used my one and only black and white photo to do a monotone project showing Caitlins eyes. So you can imagine me kicking myself when I read this challenge! Cue lots of hunting for a photo I thought I could use; and I found this one :)
I love this layout! Some scraps, an old rub on and some random bits and bobs and it was done. So simple and pretty :) I did have to get imaginative with the title though as had very few alphas int he right colour. The word 'Splashes' was actually '8dbd9y38'
I used stickles and mists to try to make wave like effects under the picture. If I'm honest when I finished they looked more like um, sperm than waves lol. So I covered it a little with some twine and a Turkish charm as thats where we are in the photo. Not quite so obvious now lol.
Lots more projects to do and craft stash to use up! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. What a great layout! Hope you continue to get more done and use up the bits on your floor! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page Gemma. The pic looks fab with the twine and charm :) and wow! Did you get creative with your tile?! It looks fab x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo, great layout - love that cute pinwheel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. a beautiful layout...Just to let you know you are the winner of my blog hop giveaway, if you'd like to email me your address i;ll get a little package in the post to you http://www.scrapbook-me.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/teal-orange-and-white-giveaway-winner.html x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fabulous, I love the twine with the turkish charm on! The way you used the numbers and letters creatively in your title is really clever too! Well done for refreshing your 'craft space' too! Thank you so much for joining in the challenge at Jennifer Grace Creates! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)