Saturday 29 March 2014

Bittersweet

One year ago today we lost my amazing, funny Granddad :( One year later we all still miss him and think of him often, partiually today which is very bittersweet as it is my cousins wedding day. Obviously he booked it before last year and while it will be very difficuilt it provides a much needed distraction.
So this morning found me wearing a dress and heels, VERY unlike me of course but what can you do. My Mum took photos so none to share atm but the wedding was beautiful, so many little touches that I'm guessing came from pinterest lol. Rather than a traditional guest book at every seat there was a photo of the guest made into a postcard. The idea being that everyone wrote a message then they would later be made into a book. I knew just what to write:
Life is short, but love is long, stay together where you belong.
My Granddad wrote that in my wedding book 8 years ago, seemed fitting to pass the advice on :)

2 comments:

  1. Aw, of course you'll ALWAYS think of him and what a beautiful, fitting thing to write :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a beautiful sentiment and so lovely that you were able to share it on such a special day x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)