Wednesday 22 January 2014

Things that make you happy

With everything I woke up feeling pretty down today. By some stroke of luck a friend of mine had a book delivered called 'The little book of happy' or something along those lines. Its a really simple book with simple ideas on how to ift your mood, like doodling, having a junk food day, going shopping for a few small items you want without feeling guilty etc. So I decided to pop into town and see if Tkmaxx had any good storage bargains. They didn't but I did find these :) The pretty flower swirls on the washi worked well with todays prompt which was 'swirl' too, so two birds one stone ;)
Well tonight after dropping Cait off at dancing I've got a meeting at Camerons school about his SATs. I must admit I'm not a huge fan of kids at this age doing exams but not much I can do about it. Personally I'm dreadful at exams. Give me a practical, where I get marks on what I do to show what I've learned and I'm great. Sit me down in front of a sheet of questions and ask me to answer them and I'm lucky I can remember my own name. Cameron is a bit the same. Maths for example he is very gifted at. Will do sums till the cows come home. Ask him to write down his working however he has no clue, 'I just know the answer' is what he says and he just cannot work out how to put down the process he uses to get to it. *sigh* sure he'll be fine. And just think, next year I get to go through all of this again with Caitlin! lol

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments. :)