Wednesday 28 May 2014

Challenge YOUrself

A while ago my friend Lesley started doing challenges over at the Challenge YOUrself blog, the idea being that they set challenges but the photos you use HAVE to have yourself in. I didn't take part as I tend to be behind the camera rather than in front of it but when I saw their latest sketch on Jessies blog I loved it!
There was a twist this time too saying you had to use a photo of you and a female in your life. Simple enough I thought, I have a huge pile of photos bound to be some of me and Cait in there.
Two, there were TWO photos of me and my daughter.
Have to say it was a bit of a wake up call. As much as I scrap so the kids will remember their dad I'd like them to remember me too! So I've vowed to try and be in more photos in the future. Hard as nobody else in the family seems to take photos but I'll give it a go! lol.
Anyway back to the sketch which was this one here.
And this was my take using the yummy Kit that Jess sent me in our swap :) I picked a photo from Disneyland when we went to eat at Walts diner. The meal was amazing and the service incredible.
Caitlin was dressed as Tinkerbell and the staff all spoke to her as if she was the charecter, asking for some fairy dust and calling her Tink.
Halfway through our meal we heard the parade start in the street outside. Because we were sat upstairs Caitlin and some other little girls ran to a tiny window and strained to see them pass by below. Suddenly a manager type man appeared. Oh no, I thought, We're going to be told off here. Nope! Bless him he ushered the girls to a huge window at the front and asked some staff to move the tables and bring chairs so they could sit and watch in comfort. The girls were thrilled! Because we were so high up we had an amazing view and all the princess' were waving at us.
One of many amazing memories from that holiday :)
Well away from magical Disneyland and back to my house in very, very wet midlands. I've given up now lol. Usually we limit the kids to 30 minutes computer time per day as don't want them playing too much. However with 5 days of pretty contstant rain I've exhausted all our craft kits, board games and other rainy day activities so have given in and told them to play away.
Keeping everything crossed the Summer holidays include a lot more sun!!!

11 comments:

  1. Love all that yummy washi tape and those colors are great! It was fun reading your story ;) Thanks for linking up with us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL you can only enforce the screen time rules so much when the weather doesn't cooperate, eh? As a mom, I can relate! :) Fabulous layout and I'm glad you've decided to stop by and join in with us! Hope to see you next month again! Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! What a great layout and story behind it! I am so happy that you preserved your memories using the challenge at Challenge YOUrself! You ROCKED it, my friend! Thanks for joining us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet layout Gemma, glad I got you playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab layout, I love that sketch. Looks like you had a really lovely time and yes you must get more pictures of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely story and great take on the sketch! I think other holiday companies could learn a lot from the service you get at Disney! Thanks for sharing your wonderful page with us at Challenge Yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely page - those felt flowers just make it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful memory. Great LO too. It's something we are all guilty of..never taking enough photos of ourselves... try to add some of you in too. They will thank you for it in years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout! Love the Washi tape and the banner. Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great memory to scrap and such a lovely photo! Not being in photos was a huge wake up call for me too! That's why I love this challenge blog sooo much! We hope you can come back again to play some more! So glad you had time to join us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you've scrapped a Disney themed page without the 'expected' disney colours. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. :)